Hi. I’m Moongirl. *waves*
I’ve had many blogs before and changed names almost every time, but “Moongirl” is new, because the girl I am today isn’t the same girl I was six months ago. After six months of silence, I’m back with a blogging vengeance.
This blog won’t be the usual shit that my friends are used to reading. Personal stuff will be posted elsewhere. I’ve learned that lesson the hard way.
So this blog will be about the Good Stuff. You are what you like, as Nick Hornby says, so welcome to the stuff I like!
And by way of introduction, here’s a meme.
So, say you were meeting a new person — blind date, new friend, who knows. And you wanted them to have some idea of what kind of person you are, and who you are. But you can’t actually tell them in so many words. Instead, you have to give them a box, with thirteen things in it for them to look at / read / listen to / taste / whatever. What would you put in the box? And a copy of your journal or a link to your blog would be the same thing as just telling them directly, yourself, so that’s not allowed.
1. A yoga mat (how big is this box, btw? I’m guessing it’s big enough for a yoga mat)
2. Iced green tea from Tea Square, mildly shaken
3. A Starbucks planner
4. A photograph of my pink 2005 Honda Jazz
5. The 17-track mix CD I made for quinnzap. It starts with Dave Matthews Band’s “#41” and ends with the Postal Service’s “We Will Become Silhouettes”. (I’ll probably add Bloc Party, Esthero, and the Decemberists to the mix)
6. A set of 10 Moo cards, with my Flickr photos on them
7. A book published by the Sacred Circle in 1999, with three poems and a short essay written by me inside it
8. A DVD of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Region 1
9. A pink “So In Love” spray from Bench
10. A black PlayStation 2, not the slim type, with the case scratched up. If the box was big enough, I’d put the PS2 in my makeshift carrying case, which happens to be a bright blue box that says “Microsoft”
11. A pack of Tic-Tacs, white
12. Black-framed glasses, half-rimmed
13. Lancome’s Juicy Tubes ultra-brilliant lip gloss, in the deep pink Magic Spell flavor