“If someone were to make a movie out of your life,” said Anne, my twinnie and also the youngest Director of Photography in the Philippines, “who would direct it? Who would write it? Who would shoot it? What would the title be? And what would the first scene be like?”
- Wong Kar Wai would direct my film.
- He could also write it, if it had a happy ending like Chungking Express. Otherwise, Charlie Kaufman could write it.
- Christopher Doyle would shoot it.
- Natalie Portman would play me. (Upon which Anne exclaimed, “Yes! She’s perfect!”)
- I don’t know what the title would be, but it would have something to do with “moon”.
- I don’t know what the first scene would be like, either, but I’m sure Natalie would be doing a voice-over to herself, the way I talk to myself in my head.