- Renewed my driver’s license
- Went to Bona Westgate, and was treated to a free Turkey Jack lunch by assistant supervisor Joseph
- Received multitudes of greetings online, including “Happy Birthday Pony” YM status messages from my Anino kids, an El Bimbo video from Paul, and a musical Tribute Page from Joon
- Was forced to take the afternoon off when my boss told me: “Why are you still working on your birthday? Go play.”
- Had a haircut
- Bought makeup, jeans, and bangles. Maybe this inexplicable urge to prettify comes with age.
- Ran into a Starbucks barista who recognized me and asked me to come by. *sniff sniff… but I’ve broken up with Starbucks, long ago*
- Ran into a former student, who was in the mall for the Boys Like Girls concert (I caught some of it)
- Was treated to a free Raizon’s Halo-Halo by former bandmate Owel
- Had dinner with my parents at Sophia’s, a Mediterranean restaurant in Westgate whose chef has cooked for the Beatles, Jackie O, Princess Di, and Pavarotti. Needless to say, the food was fantastic!
- And now, I work a bit, because deadlines wait for no one.
If this is what the rest of my 26th year will look like, I’m all for it 🙂