11/10/2013: Some people are finding this post recently because of Typhoon Haiyan. This post was meant for Typhoon Ondoy in 2009. If you would like to donate to the 2013 Typhoon Haiyan, please go here instead. Thank you.
- Spain: There will be a fundraising concert in Barcelona for the typhoon victims, at Razzmatazz on November 18. Details to follow.
- TipidTalk.com is donating all its September – October phonecard profits to Typhoon Ondoy. If you want to call Manila, do it through them.
- I know that this blog post is being linked around the world for foreign aid, but just in case you guys have contacts in Manila, please URGE them to help with the clean-up efforts. Pasig, Cainta, and Marikina in particular have been hit very hard, and the faster we clean up the mud, the better for everyone’s health in those areas. Thanks.
- A million thanks to every single person who has forwarded me info. Many of them are in the Comments below, or on Facebook. This list is being updated constantly – please keep ‘em coming.
I’m not one for feeling helpless – and neither are the rest of the Filipinos around the world. When Typhoon Ondoy struck Manila this weekend and buried 80% of it underwater, everyone went online on Facebook and Twitter and started what my dad calls People Power 3.
If you’re outside the Philippines like me, and you want to help, here’s what you can do:
- ABS-CBN Foundation: http://www.abs-cbnfoundation.com/donate.php
- Ateneo Alumni Northeast, Inc: http://www.atenista-usa.org/site/featured-articles/help-for-ondoy-victims/
- Australian Red Cross: https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineDonations.asp
- Ayala Foundation: http://af-usa.org/donate_now_form.asp (select AFI-Typhoon Relief Fund in drop down menu)
- eBay: http://donations.ebay.com/charity/event.jsp?NP_ID=-45#donatenow
- Gawad Kalinga: http://www.gk1world.com/give.html
- Global Coalition: http://globalcoal-phil.org/index-2.html
- Global Giving: http://www.globalgiving.com/projects/philippines-flood-disaster-fund/
- HOPE Worldwide: https://www.hopeww.org/NetCommunity/SSLPage.aspx?pid=1227&srctid=1&erid=162143
- Kyrgma Family: http://www.kerygmafamily.com/modules/subscriber/donationsondoy.php
- Music for Relief: http://musicforrelief.ning.com/page/donate-1
- Operation Blessing International: http://www.ob.org/_programs/disaster/news/2009/dr_2009_0927_ketsana_philippines.asp
- PayPal: PayPal is also accepting donations now. Please send to email@example.com.
- PhilippineAid.com: http://www.philippineaid.com/
- Philippine National Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org.ph/Site/PNRC/Default.aspx?S=48&SS=972
- Pinoy501st (Paypal): Send the children of Eastern Star Academy back to school! http://pinoy501st.com/?q=node/48
- Rotary Club of Baguio: http://berniefloresca.com/blog/archives/92
- Thomson Reuters Foundation (total sum donated by October 16 will be matched by the company): http://www.trust.org/trust.org/page/files/philippinestyphoon2009.html
- TXTPower (Paypal): http://technology.inquirer.net/infotech/infotech/view/20090927-227196/Help-Ondoy-victims-via-Paypal
- UNICEF USA (anonymous donor will match your donation up to $100,000 before Oct. 6!): https://secure.unicefusa.org/site/Donation2?df_id=5960&5960.donation=form1
- Xavier School Alumni (NY): http://xs4ondoyny.chipin.com/ondoy-flood-victims
- Xoom: http://ronaldredito.org/blog/321/ondoy-donation-using-xoo/
- World Food Programme: https://www.wfp.org/donate/ondoy
Donate by Phone
- USA: Call the American Red Cross at 1-800-435-7669. Please choose the 3rd option (International Donation), then tell the operator that your donation is for the Ondoy (Ketsana) typhoon victims in the Philippines.
Donate Through Your Community
There might be people in your community gathering relief goods and donations. Find them and go.
- Australia (Melbourne): Drop-off donations near the Melbourne CBD through Coco Quizon’s residence @ 8 Vale St., North Melbourne. You can contact Coco through 0458603723
- Australia (Sydney): Deliver donations to 303/5 Stromboli Strait, Homebush Bay 2127. message twitter.com/allorange for questions
- Australia: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1100222/Philippines-floods:-How-you-can-help
- Australia: Filipino students in Australia are also helping out by collecting 5-dollar pledges. Contact Coco Quizon 0458603723 (Melbourne), Aiya Buendia 0437 967 259 (Sydney) and Michelle Leonardo firstname.lastname@example.org (Canberra)
- Australia: PAL shipping donations from Australia Free Of Charge! Sydney Delivery point for donations in kind: Revesby Press 3/50 George Street Granville. Ph:9760 0933. Urgently seeking donations of clothes, blankets, canned goods, medical supplies. Please segregate clothing according to: infants, girls, boys, women, men, shoes! Please call 0414-736-231.
- Austria: Cash: message Charmaine Taus (email@example.com). she’s having a benefit concert on October 22! concert details to follow.
- Belgium: For those based in Belgium they can contact Shiera Catalan at +32485328811 if they want to donate goods for typhoon relief
- California (Burlingame): MANILA BOX USA is now accepting donations in kind & will provide FREE shipping to Manila. Items will be sent by Sea Cargo and will delivered to the Whitespace Relief Center/Mar Roxas Headquarters in Cubao. Please drop them off at their warehouse: 361 Beach Road Burlingame , CA 94010 or call (650)342-2858. Please pack them in boxes for easier handling. Business hours Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- California (Carson/Hermosa Beach): We are collecting donations to send to flood victims in Manila. Our goal is to fill up a 40ft container in one week with new or used clothing,shoes, blankets,medicines,canned food items, etc. Dropoff Location : 205 West Torrance Blvd, Carson, CA 90745. We will be setting up a booth on Oct 3, 2009 at the Substance event in Hermosa Beach CA. THANK YOU and God Bless Manila. TWITTER (Socal4Ondoy)
- California (Cerritos): Atlas Cargo,located at Seafood City in Cerritos, address is 17202 Norway Blvd. Cerritos Ca 90703
- California (Hayward): Fil-Am Invitational BasketballLeague(FIBL) will send out relief goods in the philippines for the victims of the floods cause by typhoon ondoy…. if you want to make a donation clothing,canned goods or money please bring it on sunday 10/04/09 @ el rancho gym 541 blanche st. hayward ca. from 2:00 – 6:00pm please visit our website for direction
- California (Daly City): Please contact Ryan Leano (626)534-4971. Liwanag Cultural Center, Hillside Park Clubhouse, 222 Lausanne Ave., Daly City, CA 94014.
- California (LA): Relief goods accepted in LA! ANSWER ofc, 137 Virgil St, Rm 203, Los Angeles, CA
- California (LA): TULONG SA PILIPINAS (STP): Accepting donations cash or check. Send to People’s CORE, 1610 Beverly Blvd. Suite No 2, Los Angeles, Ca 90026. Donations more than $50 is tax deductible. Material donations drop off ( donations; shoes, clothes, canned goods. medicines etc. ) at ANSWER LA office at 137 Virgil St. Room 203 , Los Angeles, CA 900042.
- California (LA): Manila Forwarder will provide free balikbayan box shipment to Philippine National Red Cross, churches, and other government agencies directly responsible with relief operations. Please drop off the relief goods at: Manila Forwarder Headquarters, 4249 Eagle Rock Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90065, 1.800.210.1019323.478.1599
- California (Oakland): Please contact Ryan Leano (626)534-4971. Asian Pacific Islander Youth Promoting Advocacy & Leadership. Attn: Armael Malinis, AnakBayan-East Bay. 310 8th Street, Suite 215. Oakland, CA 94710
- California (San Diego): Alas Cargo 3126 E Plaza Blvd National City, CA 91950 (619) 470-1023; Eastern Express 8965 Mira Mesa Blvd (858) 578-8567
- California (San Francisco): Stanford’s Pilipino American Student Union (PASU) is also collecting donations to be sent to the Philippines to help victims of Typhoon Ondoy (international name Ketsana). If you would like to make a donation, please contact AV David at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 491-4561.
- California (San Francisco): http://naffaar8.com/typhoon-ondoy-ketsana-disaster-relief-efforts-in-san-francisco-ca/
- California (San Francisco): Manila Forwarder will provide free balikbayan box shipment to Philippine National Red Cross, churches, and other government agencies directly responsible with relief operations. Please drop off the relief goods at: Manila Forwarder Northern California, 5750 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94112. Tel: 510-750-3036 / Tel: 209-3499576 / Tel: 415-239-9576
- California (West Covina): Bamboo Bistro, 1559 E Amar Rd, West Covina, CA 91792. (626) 810-6131
- Canada: http://byncan.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/bayan-canada-appeals-for-help-for-typhoon-ondoy-victims/
- Canada (Montreal): http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Local+Filipinos+mobilizing+help+flood+victims/2041585/story.html
- Canada (Toronto): Filipinos and Friends in Toronto, here’s how to help the victims of Typhoon Ondoy (intl name Ketsana): http://pidctoronto.com/projects/typhoon also see: http://bit.ly/28PDXf Thank You!
- Canada (Vancouver): Just wanted to give you information about drop off points here in Vancouver, BC Canada: Multicultural Helping House, E32nd Ave. And Fraser. Or Goldilocks Bakeshop, E11th st. And Main.
- Germany: Contact Denise Matias at email@example.com or +63917-4280966 (text only, no calls).
- Hong Kong: Filipinos in HONG KONG… Here’s how you can help: Ateneo Almuni Association HK is calling for donations to support relief efforts for the victims of Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy) in the Philippines. Contact: Mike Reyes at +852.67131869
- Hong Kong: Volunteers are requested to come to St Joseph’s Church in Central on Garden road, Hong Kong, tomorrow, Oct 1, 10AM to help pack the relief goods collected by various organizations for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy.
- Illinois: Contact Raymond Maximo of Northern Illinois University – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Japan: Japan Red Cross: http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.html. They’re acception donations from September 30 until October 30. More info: http://www.jrc.or.jp/kokusai/news/l4/Vcms4_00001289.html
- Japan (Tsukuba): You may get in touch with the Filipino Association of Scholars in Tsukuba, Japan also known as FAST thru fast99[at]yahoogroups[dot]com. I heard they are organizing a donation drive too. Just in case you are nearby Tsukuba area.
- Japan (Tokyo): Philippine National Bank Tokyo – DONATION Remittance charge is FREE: 1) GMA KAPUSO FOUNDATION: PESO – 121003200017, DOLLAR – 121003200025; 2) CARITAS MANILA: USD – 1085-6660-0025; 3) PHILIPPINE NATIONAL RED CROSS: PESO – 3623-3680-0011
- Kuwait: Kuwait Drop-Off Points for Donations for Typoon Ondoy/Ketsana calamity – you can send them at RAMTRON International, UTC Bldg, Kuwait City. Tel : (+965) 22413304 or (+965) 66671624. Look for Mr. Roylan A. Buenaflor. Donations are also accepted at the Intl Committee of the Red Cross – Kuwait Chapter @ Block 5, Street 3, House # 32, Kuwait. Tel : (+965) 25322061.
- London: Cash: Acct. Name: P. A. Cortez / Acct. Num.: 58099901 / Bank: HSBC UK / Sort Code: 400500
- Luxembourg: Project: Noah’s Ark: http://michaeladeangeli.blogspot.com/
- Malaysia: For those in Malaysia, LBC is accepting donations in cash and kind. Their numbers are: 2026-8536 / 2070-0557. The office I know is at Kota Raya in KL.
- Malaysia (KL): Pauline Warneck is gathering donations for Ondoy to be sent by Fri c/o CebPac. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Netherlands: Donate (bank transfer) to: NFS – Nederlands-Filippijnse Solidariteitsbeweging (’Dutch-Filipino Solidarity Movement). Location: Leiden. Postgiro: 8118425. Subject: Support for flood victims / “Steun aan slachtoffers van grote overstroming”
- Netherlands: Friends in the Netherlands can start sending donations in kind for victims of Typhoon Ondoy! Thanks to Balikbayan Europe :D Contact Erliza Apero (0617925369)
- New Jersey: Sinugba Cafe – 561 Westside Ave. Jersey City, NJ 07304; or Casa Victoria – 691 Newark Ave. Jersey City, NJ 07306-2803 You can send CASH through Metro Bank acct. 3 189 14540 1 For BAYAN’s “BALSA” (Bayanihan Alay sa Sambayanan). For donations in New Jersey please contact: (201)621-3156-Yves Nibungco or (917)476-7855- Nick Cordero
- New Jersey (Central): We are organizing a donation group for ondoy…we got drop offs to be put up by tomorrow afternoon or morning (9/30) ……contact me at 908-644-9889 or email me at email@example.com, or ym ray_snoop_doggy02
- New York: Ondoy New York Disaster Relief drop off center @ Pandayan Center, 406 W 40th St. Between 9th and 10th Aves. New York, NY 10018 or call 212.564.6057.
- New York: NAFCON (Nat’l Alliance for Filipino Concerns)/SANDIWA Nat’l Alliance of Fil-Am Youth are now receiving relief donations (clothes, blankets, medical supplies, monetary). NY drop-off @ BAYANIHAN Filipino Community Center, 40-21 69th St. Woodside, NY 11377. Call (516)901-1832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
- New Zealand: For people donating from New Zealand go to: http://www.tearfund.org.nz or phone 0800 800 777
- Oregon: Cash: message Welo Chuidian Rivera (email@example.com), or check out her note: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=143295770052
- Oregon (Portland): Kindly forward all Portland, Oregon inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and link http://oregon4ondoy.blogspot.com
- Qatar: Meet noli perez dq ramada parking 6:30 today 9/29 for ondoy donations, call him 5642942.
- Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province): Please collate your donations and bring to Al-Ettifaq Club gymnasium, Sports City Dammam this coming Friday, 2 October 2009.
- Singapore: Drop-off point for donations is Afreight Cargo, #03-09 Lucky Plaza, Orchard Rd. Contact Maureen Schepers 6235-1011. Get more information here: http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=664644#664644
- South Korea: For the Filipinos and concerned citizens in South Korea: Pease support PIKO (Pinoy Iskolars sa Korea) fund-raising campaign for the Ondoy flood victims in the Philippines. Let us all help by donating to KOOKMIN BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER (498101-01-232756). Your help counts!
- Spain (Madrid): For those in Madrid – starting tomorrow (9/30), you can bring your donations to the Philippine Embassy on c/ Eresma, 2 (Metro: Republica Argentina L6). They will accept food, clothes, blankets and other relief goods.
- Spain: More pick up points around Spain: LBC in Madrid, Malaga and Barcelona. Addesses listed on this website – http://www.lbcexpress.com/web/spain/branchfinder.aspx
- Thailand (Bangkok): The Philippine Embassy will be receiving only donations in kind (ie., used clothing, shoes, blankets, and the like, and canned goods) …anytime between 9am-5pm until Fri. For queries, please contact the Philippine Embassy at (02) 259-0139 up to 40 or (08) 992-65954, or at email@example.com.
- Texas (Houston): http://www.htownsneakersummit.com/typhoon-ondoy-relief/
- Texas: Manila Forwarder will provide free balikbayan box shipment to Philippine National Red Cross, churches, and other government agencies directly responsible with relief operations. Please drop off the relief goods at: Pinoy Kargo Manila Forwarder 2 Honor Oaks Court,The Woodlands, TX. 77382832.768.0277832.744.2078. http://manilaforwarder.com
- UAE (Dubai): Lingap Kapwa – Ondoy Victims: We need to unite once again to help our Kabayans back in the Philippines that were badly affected by typhoon Ondoy. Current requirement: Clothings, Food, Money. Please get in touch with Pres. Jo (050-7456452 firstname.lastname@example.org). 3 Drop Off Points for the donations: West Zone Supermarket (Karama, Satwa and Deira)
- United Kingdom: Visit the OXFAM website
- Washington, DC: Donations can be dropped off at the Forex office: 5222 Eisenhower Ave Alexandria, VA. (703) 823-1508. Philippine Red Cross is requesting for canned goods since there is not enough food.
- Washington, DC: Fundraiser by Filipino Young Professionals: “Overcoming Ondoy: A “Happy” Hour to Help” – (A fundraiser for Typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana victims). When: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Where: Skye Lounge, 19 & I Street, NW, Washington, DC
- Washington, DC: The AAAA-Washington DC Chapter has set up a collection for funds to help the victims of Ondoy. I will be accepting checks made out to: Religious of the Assumption North American Province. Please send me an e…mail (email@example.com) to get my mailing address. Also please let me know if you would like a letter of acknowledgment for tax purposes. “Because I love, I serve!”
- Washington, DC: FOREX in Washington, DC will be taking your donations at no cargo cost to the Philippine Red Cross and to the relief center in Ateneo in Loyola Heights. A container will be leaving in a few days. The drop off center is located at: 1717 K Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. Call 800-883-6739.
Disclaimer: I’m but a messenger – I’m not affiliated with any of the persons or sites above. If you have questions for them, I’ll do my best to assist you, but it’s best to contact them directly.