Let it never again be said that I don’t get out of the house!
In my first week here in Southern California, I did the following:
- Watched my friend and uber-rock star Annette’s band Random Ninjas rock out in Pasadena. I’m unbiased about my friends’ bands, so when I say that they are awesome, they seriously are awesome.
- Had a Benefit makeup makeover thanks to my crazy cousin, who refuses to be named
- Bought a shitload of makeup because of it 🙂
- Met up with Annette again to watch Inglorious Basterds. I loved it! It’s a bingo!
- Took the subway and Amtrak to Irvine. First time on a train (not counting the one I took in London when I was five years old). I was very promdi* and thought the train was super fun
- Toured Obsidian Entertainment, one of my favorite game studios ever
- Had lunch with Jim from Obsidian, who is now one of my favorite people ever
- Went to my first Beer Wednesday, organized by Jim and attended by a bunch of inebriated game developers and students. Mostly hung out w/ the students, but they’re sweethearts, and damn smart for their age
- Crashed at another cousin’s place in Irvine. Yes, I have a lot of cousins.
- Took the Amtrak and subway back to LA
- Rode a golf cart around the Universal Studios backlot, with my crazy cousin driving. Scary shit. They should have seatbelts on those things.
- Worked out of three virtual offices: Corner Bakery in Woodland Hills, CBTL in Irvine, and Jillian’s in Universal City
- Am now in Upland at my aunt’s place, trying not to worry about my game’s beta deadline next week
Just another week in the US, apparently – and next week might be much crazier!
*Provincial; acting like you came from a small town and had never seen the big city