Last year, I called 2008 my biggest year yet. Apparently, years only get bigger. Which makes me regard 2010 with equal parts anticipation and terror.
This is what I did in 2009 (there was more than this, so I decided to limit the bullet points to 20):
- Lived abroad for three months (bucket list check!)
- Spoke in an international conference (bucket list check!) and at a pecha kucha night
- Tried wakeboarding (bucket list half-check – I won’t be satisfied till I actually stand on the thing)
- Rode 16 planes. Jesus.
- Went to Boracay with a bunch of geeky game developers – best beach trip ever
- Ate my way through Chinatown
- Went spelunking and rice terrace trekking in Sagada
- Went to Austin GDC, Penny Arcade Expo, and two Beer Wednesdays
- Consumed more alcohol than all my previous drinking years combined
- Watched Yeah Yeah Yeahs, No Doubt, and +/- (again!)
- Became a virtual volunteer for Winton Ynion and typhoon Ondoy
- Dressed up as Kaylee (Firefly) and Abby (NCIS)
- Took a screenwriting masterclass under Syd Field
- Went to my 10-year high school reunion
- Released a game
- Moved out
- Got comfortably fit. Did the 100 push-ups program. Ran the dog. Did yoga. Still doing it
- Finished all my vaccines – seven shots!
- Finally learned how to cook
- Liked and lost, then liked again
If you ask me what 2010 holds – hell if I know! But I’m looking forward to it. Aren’t you? 😉
Happy New Year, everybody!