It is starting to get quite embarrassing that I don’t blog anymore. Blame it not on lack of content, but a change in priorities (brain: if I have free time to blog, then I should go do x and y and z instead!).
However, I must keep traditions alive. At the end of every year, I write a recap of the things I want to remember (made more useful since I have a really short memory!). So here, in 20 bullets, was my 2010:
- Launched two #1 games for Boomzap
- Got published on Gamasutra
- Spoke at Casual Connect Seattle and the Philippine Game Development Festival
- Met the Big Fish Babes!
- Helped organize the first Manila Game Jam
- Lived in the U.S. for five months, and got terribly homesick. But I learned much
- Watched Hot Chip and The XX live
- Met Adam Baldwin (the hero of Canton)
- Went back to yoga class in the U.S., and then signed up for streaming classes so I could continue practicing at home
- Went to Bali for the first time
- Tried balut (but not the fetus) in Manila and luwak coffee (aka “poo coffee”) in Bali
- Returned to El Nido, my favorite place in the world
- Swam with giant jackfish
- Sprained my foot by tripping on it. My first sprain ever 😐
- A week later, climbed to Mt. Pinatubo’s crater — a slippery, uneven 8km hike. I sprained my foot again. Not the smartest decision of my life. (Three months later and I still have tendinitis)
- Dressed up as Abby Sciuto and X-23 for Halloween
- Went to a beach wedding, a fancy New York wedding, a Beatles-themed LA wedding, and a Star Wars wedding. I also did a surprise dance number to a She & Him song, and emceed a reception for the first time. It was the year for weddings!
- Learned how to cook, finally (bucket list check!). I cook every day now. Not that it’s any GOOD, but…
- Got an iPod Touch and an iPad; they have changed my life (namely making me lazy to get out of bed)
- Most importantly, I fell in love — and stayed there ❤
It’s the first time I’ve wanted to write more than 20 bullets, so I guess I must be doing A Lot Of Things. Hopefully, 2011 is slower and more stable. A Busy Backson life is terribly overrated 😛