I’m selling my three-year old Panasonic Lumix FZ7 camera.
It’s a 6 megapixel prosumer – in between a point and shoot and a DSLR, both in size and function. It’s got manual controls (shutter, aperture) but I never really used them; the automatic settings (aperture-priority, shutter-priority, scene settings) were more than enough for me.
I’m selling it because I want a smaller cam (this makes people laugh, that I am _downgrading_) – but really, I’ll be traveling a lot, and I want a cam I can fit into my pocket. The FZ7 isn’t big though – just not pocket-sized.
A serious technical review can be found here. But here’s how I experienced this camera. The things I love most about it are:
- A great OS – everything is ridiculously easy to use. Histograms, custom white balance, self-timer, etc – everything is a click away. It can be as simple or as powerful as you’d like it
- The optical (not digital) zoom is 12X – super useful for concerts
- Great video and sound, surprising for a still cam – also useful for concerts
- The Hi-Sensitivity mode ramps up your ISO for low-light – useful for gigs or fast-moving toddlers
- It feels good in my hands – there’s a stability in cupping a lens that I will miss when I move to a point-and-shoot
The things I didn’t like about it are:
- Almost impossible to shoot in really low light – but I suppose you get that with any camera
- It doesn’t fit into my pocket. Hah.
I’m selling it for P10,000. The package includes:
- The camera
- Battery charger
- Lens hood (to shield the lens from the sun)
- Lens adapter (you screw it onto the camera so you can attach lenses)
- UV lens filter (to remove UV light)
Everything is in pristine condition, though you should probably clean the outside of the camera – it’s been everywhere. (I’d do it myself, but knowing me, I’ll go ruin something.) Its value in the market, used, is P10 to P13K; you could probably get a brand-new one for P15K, but if you are reading this you are probably my friend and want to support me 🙂
Here are some of the pics I’ve taken w/ this camera (usually just on automatic mode). Click on the links for individual pictures. Or check out my Flickr photostream here.
PLACES1. Entalula, 2. The Small Lagoon, 3. Banga-an rice terraces, 4. Sunset 1, 5. Reflected Sunset 2
1. Razorback 9, 2. Street Performer 3, 3. Joon, 4. I like my soup!, 5. Chochukmo (Hong Kong), 6. Joon and Statue
1. Cat, 2. Seahorse, 3. Sleepy Botchok 5, 4. Sleepy Botchok 13, 5. Toys, 6. Spiral
If you are interested, please e-mail me at deathcabcutie, on gmail. If no one is interested, I’ll just keep the camera 😀 Thanks for reading!